To create a season follow these steps:
- If you've just defined a tag you may need to prompt Seasoning to get the latest data by pressing the "Refresh Data" button in the Seasons page.
- Once that's complete you can create a new season by clicking the "Create Season" Button on the Seasons page:
- That will open the Create Season page:
- You can then select from the list of tags which are defined on your site. Note that the number of products associated with each season is shown in the list.
- If you wish you can “pin” the season (see below).
- Finally you should set the start and end date of the season - once you’ve selected the start date you can scroll between months using the left and right arrows to create a season which spans several months.
- A single season can be pinned at any time - if you pin a season it will unpin the previously pinned season.
- The pinned season will be selected on the Vendors and Products pages by default.
- This acts as a quick way of getting to the season which you’re currently working on.
- If you haven't pinned a season then the first season in the list will be pinned.
- When you specify a season start and end date the Seasoning app will calculate the target SellThru rate for each dates in the season.
- This is the percentage of stock which we'd expect to have sold by each date.
For example if the season is sixty days long then:
- On day ten of the season the target would be 16.6%.
- On day thirty of the season the target would be 50%.
This target is used in the app to show whether sales are ahead or behind target for a given day.
Possible future feature
At this stage the target is calculated in a linear fashion. In the future we may offer the ability to "shape" the expected target curve e.g. if you expect to sell comparatively more inventory at the start or end of the season period. Please get in touch if you'd be interested in such a feature to discuss how you might use it.